Sunday, September 30, 2012

Baby Steps


I have been reminded of the importance of taking baby steps and that I can't expect huge changes and great things over night.  One of our colleagues....a very wise colleague....told me that "they are children after all".  Boy did I need that reminder.  They deserve the time and our patience as they grow into amazing leaders.  They deserve the opportunity to learn and a safe environment in which they can make mistakes along the way knowing that there are caring adults who will help guide them in the right direction.  I believe that our kids will "get it".  I believe in them, and I believe they have a desire to be leaders.  I have heard from many of you those daily stories showing us that they are getting it, and that it does matter to them.  Please keep up the great work.  I want our school to be different.  I want us to be know by the way in which our students perform, behave, and communicate.  There is, afterall, a leader in each of them.  Though the transformation may not be overnight, baby steps are still heading in the right direction!!


Next week's events:

Monday, October 1:  5th Grade Camp
Tuesday, October 2:  5th Grade Camp
Tuesday, October 2:  6:30 p.m. PTA Meeting
Wednesday, October 3:  5th Grade Camp
Wednesday, October 3:  Walk to School Day
Wednesday, October 3:  Student Count Day

I will do an assembly either Thursday or Friday for grades 3-5.

Tuesday, October 9:  MEAP Testing begins

Leader in Me Lighthouse Team:  Please let me know if you are interested in being on the Lighthouse Team for our school.  This will include some extra training and meetings as the leaders of leaders.  Our first Lighthouse Team training day will be Thursday, November 1, and our Implementation Training will be Friday, November 2.

Quote:  "Excellent teachers move ordinary students to do extraordinary things." @Principal_EL  - This is a perfect description of each of you!

Article packed full of great tips and things to remember and think about

10 Success Principles we often forget


 Chart of sentence starters to help students make connections:



Bulletin board for student book recommendations:





Kindness Video....Please take 5 minutes to watch this and share it with your students.  How might we do something like this in our school?  I'm imagining a great Lip Dub modeling this throughout the building!!!  We truly never know how far one simple act of kindness can reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment